Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Blogball back in the saddle again.

Haven’t posted for a while. I guess I am just coming out of shock from turning 50.

Here’s a quick update on what I’ve been up to: Soon after turning 50 I kicked a ball as hard I could at a father daughter kickball game at her school. Unfortunately I only kicked the very top part of the ball resulting in a painful hamstring pull. I made believe it didn’t hurt and ran to first base with a swinging bunt single (Took 3 weeks to heal). Just recently I was at a hotel that had a water slide and my daughter said to me “hey dad try going down this way” (on your belly feet first) I did and jammed my foot at the bottom of the pool resulting in a bad ankle sprain. (Still healing) Other than that I still feel like I’m 49.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you're back! i have checked on your blog, thinking, "why?" :).

i *guess* i understand the reason that you couldn't post was because you hurt your hamstring/ankle! hope you're doing better now. that age of 50 must do a number on people...

unca said...

Amazing isn't it? I remember when I was younger (much younger) thinking, "I can't imagine getting old an NOT being able to do this--after all, it's just a matter of mind over matter" -- NOT