Thursday, July 14, 2005

Blogball One Breath Blog (1st in a series)

The following blog is one sentence and must be read in one breath:

Have you ever been in a situation where you are getting a ride or carpooling with someone you know fairly well and then you find you are diving with Mr. Hyde behind the wheel and he announces that everybody is driving like idiots and then he starts to cuss and honk his horn at everybody and then you say something like “hey take it easy its not worth stressing yourself out like that “ but he doesn’t pay any attention to you and then he intentionally gets along side a guy at a red light so he can give the guy a dirty look and you try to slump down in your seat and you think to yourself is this guy always like this or does he think this is impressing me?

3 comments:

unca said...

Yes! In my case it was a very mild mannered co-worker who gave me a lift to work once. His wife was also in the car. I was amazed to see that he had transformed himself from a calm, take-it-easy kind of guy to the kind of guy you just described. I couldn't believe it. Luckily, I didn't have to do the slouch-in-my-seat act because he was just yelling at people out of earshot but it was quite an eye-opener. I remember watching a Disney cartoon about this kind of transformation with Goofy turning into the Mr. Hyde character. I guess some things never change.

Rob said...

I wondered why you were slumping down like that while I was driving. See if I ever give you a ride again, pal.

Erik said...

i think a big part of being human is that we want to be the boss, own stuff (all of the road), and tell people what to do. turning into complete idiots once we get behind the wheel affords us these opportunities.

at least that's why *I* cut people off and then curse at them. the rest of you may have your own motivations, and that's fine, too...